Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: Accounts Payable Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist will provide support for all corporate accounts payable tasks for the business, including but not limited to processing invoices through KPTools’ Receive Accounting Hold system, coding and processing regular A/P invoices, reconciling vendor statements, monitoring incoming emails through the invoice and A/P email boxes, assisting with weekly check runs under the guidance of the Accounts Payable Manager, and any other duties or projects assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process invoices through KPTools’ Receive Accounting Hold system for assigned accounts in a timely manner. Researching any discrepancies as needed.
• Review incoming invoices via mail and e-mail. Forward invoices received at corporate for the plants to the plant’s invoice email in a timely manner.
• Coding and processing corporate invoices in a timely manner, checking for tax issues and appropriate approvals and authorizations. Obtain approvals and authorizations when needed.
• Review vendor statements, verifying all invoices have been received and research any past due/outstanding invoices. Communicate with the vendor regarding any discrepancies or invoices needed.
• Build weekly and bi-weekly check runs, submitting for approval, printing/stuffing/mailing checks, and submitting EFT files and posi-pay files to the bank for approval.
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that senior management may deem necessary.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable processes.
• Must possess strong communication skills and communicate in a friendly, timely, professional manner, via email or phone with internal/external customers, vendors and coworkers.
• Strong math, deduction, and research skills.
• Must possess good knowledge of basic computer systems, such as Excel and Word and be able to quickly learn other systems used.
• Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Purchasing system a plus.
• Accurate data entry skills are a must.
• Stay up to date on practical laws that relate to Accounts Payable (e.g. sales tax on equipment purchases, 1099 vendors).