Job Title: Collections Specialist
Reports To: Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager
FLSA Status: Non–Exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring that Kamps receives all necessary payments from debtors. Their duties include monitoring account statements to identify debts owed, contacting customers or business partners to notify them of overdue payments and documenting debts collected. This position will initiate and develop relationships with customers to gather and process information in order to resolve issues or to receive accurate payment, ultimately optimizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the firm’s accounts and identify overdue accounts
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to either collect the overdue amount or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in installments
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with customers as well as records of any payments collected from the customer
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing
- Submit reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any payment progress
- Back-up Cash Applications Specialist
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that senior management may deem necessary.
- Two years’ experience in accounting or administration
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Communication skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Office and other software programs as necessary. Experience in Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.