Kamps is currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic for their Manton, Michigan location. The Diesel Mechanic will be responsible for scheduled and unscheduled repairs of a fleet of trucks and trailers, as well as loaders and grinders.
This is an industrial environment and therefore the ability to work on additional equipment requiring mechanical and hydraulic skills is highly desired.
• Provides regular maintenance to fleet of semi-trucks and walking floor trailers.
• Operates Heavy equipment as needed
• Provides emergency/unscheduled and scheduled repairs of all heavy equipment
• Assists with all repairs as needed.
• Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repairs
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Complies with OSHA safety and health rules
• Must have a strong knowledge (or desire to learn) of diesel equipment.
• At least 2 years of experience on tractor trailer repair
• Must have at least 2 years working with diesel engines.
• Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• All maintenance must be performed within safety standards.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with varied personalities and ability levels.
• Prefer basic Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour (based on experience)
Benefits with Profit Sharing