Kamps is a leading full-service national pallet company meeting the needs of industries from coast to coast. Our solutions and pallets support some of the largest e-commerce, retail, and logistics organizations with sustainable pallet solutions. Kamps is a $1 billion+ company in revenue with over 4,000 employees.
Since 1973, our talented individuals have been the foundation for our success.
To continue building upon our success, we are seeking a Director of Accounting at our Corporate Headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI.
Summary: The Director of Accounting supports Kamps’ financial objectives by developing accounting organizational strategy and establishes objectives in line with the company. They oversee the implementation of the organization’s accounting policies and procedures including systems, financial close, and analysis. The incumbent provides leadership for the entire accounting function of Kamps. This includes financial close, post-sale customer support, accounts payable, credit and accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close for all entities including intercompany eliminations, consolidations, and trailer/wage surcharge from Kamps Logistics to Kamps Pallets.
- Provide strong leadership to eight direct functional manager reports and approximately 25 indirect reports including Regional Controllers, A/P and A/R Managers, and the RAR Supervisor.
- In collaboration with the accounting team, be responsible for the accuracy and functionality of the general ledger accounts, departments, and locations.
- Responsible for the monthly corporate sales and administration allocation entries and support.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and select income statement accounts.
- Responsible for the CapEx process, fixed asset and lease accounting. Manage the budgeting, reporting and ROI calculations for the CapEx program.
- Provide controller duties and finance support for administrative functions and other Kamps-related entities.
- Collaborate with and support the FP&A team with regard to financial statement uploads, financial results, Board presentation materials, providing commentary on results and variances.
- Manage the entire process of the annual financial audit. Oversee the process for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness to ensure no material deficiencies.
- Calculate, report, and administer various incentive bonus programs. Properly accrue and document payment of all aspects of these programs.
- Manage and lead the accounting due diligence process for new acquisitions. This includes, but is not limited to pre-acquisition due diligence; purchase price accounting; onboarding customers and vendors; property tax and insurance administration, and winding down legacy legal entities as they are integrated into Kamps’ systems.
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that senior management may deem necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related
- Certified Public Accountant in good standing
- Minimum of five years’ senior level management experience leading a corporate accounting team in a relatively large organization.
- Must think strategically and be able to develop and implement projects.
- Ability to successfully communicate priorities, requirements, and financial results of the organization to staff, senior leadership, and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, disbursed and rapidly growing environment.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions
- Strong regulatory and financial understanding. Solid judgment and demonstrated ability to provide sound financial advice to the organization
- Highest degree of ethics, honesty and conviction
- Possess exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel