The Forklift Mechanic will be responsible for scheduled and unscheduled repairs of heavy equipment, mainly 11 LP forklifts but also including loaders, excavators and switcher tractors.
This is an industrial environment and therefore the ability to work on additional equipment requiring pneumatic and hydraulic skills is highly desired.
Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of all heavy equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of all heavy equipment.
Assists with Trailer repair as needed.
Occasionally performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair production machines and tools.
Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
· Must have a strong knowledge of diesel equipment.
· Must have at least 5 years’ experience repairing LP Forklifts.
· Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
· All maintenance must be performed within safety standards.
· Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with varied personalities and ability levels.
· Bi-lingual is a plus.
· Prefer a basic knowledge of tractor trailer repair
· Prefer basic Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic.
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.