Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager
Location: Kansas City, KS
Summary: Kamps is a full-service pallet company meeting the need of industries coast to coast. We believe the talented individuals that make up the Kamps Pallets team are our biggest asset. Here at Kamps we recognize and reward hard working individuals that consistently exceed expectations.
This individual will assist all members of the office staff as directed. Organization, accuracy and ability to prioritize is required. This person will work with a variety of different individuals and will need great phone etiquette. This is a full-time position, with hours being from 7:00 AM until 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Candidates need to be flexible in case more and/or different hours are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with various paperwork such as sorting shipping orders, selecting, checking, and printing invoices, faxing, emailing and mailing items as needed, count sheet entry for payment, filing, and maintenance of unused orders
- Complete shipping and receiving log entries
- Scan items into electronic storage system
- Assist visitors at the window
- Assist with dispatching
- Answer phones
- Other duties as required
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that senior management may deem necessary.
- Strong computer and phone Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel and Word.
- Experience with business-oriented email systems such as Outlook.
- Strong time management skills
- Previous experience with A/P, A/R a plus
- Strong listener who can follow instructions
- Good at multitasking
- Bilingual is preferred, but not required (Spanish)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.