Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Employee Classification: Full-time
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and Life Insurance
Kamps is a full-service pallet company meeting the needs of industries coast to coast. Kamps manufactures new pallets, reconditioned pallets, and recycles unrepairable pallets into mulch and bark. We believe the talented individuals that make up the Kamps Pallets team are our biggest asset. Here at Kamps we recognize and reward hard working individuals that consistently exceed expectations.
Kamps is hiring an Office Manager. The volume of business and daily responsibilities will keep this person busy assisting the Plant Manager, the employees, and our customers. An individual who is highly organized, enjoys a challenge, and possesses excellent customer service skills will thrive in this role.
- Answer phones, assisting the caller or taking a message for the appropriate individual
- Direct walk-in customers or vendors in a pleasant respectful manner
- Order office and plant supplies
- Complete shipping and receiving log entries
- Accounts Payable (invoice) entry
- Payroll review and entry
- Log sales and receipts
- Enter data
- Copy, sort, and distribute various items/reports as requested
- File documents and paperwork, locate files when requested
- Assist HR in providing employees with paperwork regarding insurance and sending enrollment forms to HR.
- Assist in New Hire paperwork, sending all originals to HR or Payroll on a timely basis
- Keep office area organized and free of clutter. Organize items within the plant when needed (such as supplies) • Complete miscellaneous paperwork as needed • Be familiar with different types of pallets/wood products and terminology used for various products • Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude
- Good phone etiquette
- Excellent attendance/reliability
- Technical computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Exceptional organization skills
- Must keep a professional appearance
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization