Due to the growth in our business, we are seeking to train new facility managers. The Kamps Management Trainee (KMT) is a 6-18 month long, entry-level position to prepare leaders for management roles.
Successful candidates will have an interest in applying hands-on, practical skills—such as building, measuring, and reading blue prints—in addition to the ability to lead people and manage operations. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, some business knowledge/education, and strong interpersonal skills will excel.
While training will take place in the Detroit, MI area, candidates MUST be willing to move wherever there is need for Plant Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Work in multiple areas of assigned Kamps home facility during training program.
- Repair, sort and build pallets; operate various saws or other pieces of equipment.
- Become certified and operate a forklift to service a department or to load/unload trucks.
- Rotate through various positions at a facility such as dispatch, customer service, safety administrator and department supervisor.
- Travel to multiple Kamps facilities for site specific training.
- Attend and complete required training classes and read assigned training materials.
- Responsible to know and observe rules of conduct and safety rules at all times.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 4 year degree required
- Previous supervisory experience desirable
- Excellent communications skills
- Critical Thinker, with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Approachable, engaging and principled