This Operations Management Trainee position is a 6-18 month long, entry-level position to prepare leaders for management roles. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, some business knowledge/education, and strong interpersonal skills will excel. Successful candidates will have an interest in applying hands-on, practical skills – such as building, measuring and reading blueprints – to the ability to lead people and manage operations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent (Candidates without a bachelor’s degree will not be considered for this position)
- Some business courses preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in multiple areas of assigned Kamps home facility during training program
- Repair, sort and build pallets; operate various saws or other pieces of equipment
- Become certified and operate a forklift to service a department or to load/unload trucks
- Rotate through various positions at a facility such as dispatch, customer service, safety administrator and department supervisor
- Travel to multiple Kamps facilities for site-specific training
- Attend and complete required training classes and read assigned training materials
- Know and observe rules of conduct and safety rules at all times
When applying for this position, please indicate your desired plant location (Grand Rapids, Lansing, Detroit, Taylor, Kalamazoo, Niles, Indianapolis, Versailles, Erlanger or Louisville).