Individuals in our Sales Trainee program will be involved in several levels of training to help produce a solid, well rounded, experienced sales representative. This training will be hands on; assuring that the trainee will be equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to best sell Kamps products at an accelerated pace and provide the expertise in our market place that is necessary to be successful.
• Trainees will begin by working in Operations for several months. This includes repairing pallets, sorting pallets, operating various equipment/saws and building new/reman pallets. This also includes assembling boxes and crates.
• Trainees will be acquainted with Customer Service/Dispatch. Developing an understanding of the processes that are involved in order entry, communications with customers at the plant level, etc. Trainees will also ride along with our transportation department on a delivery/pickup.
• Work with and learn from assigned Sales Representative
• Required learning of various Kamps computerized systems, such as the Quote Tool, Pallet Design System, Customer Relations Management tool, etc.
• Work with assigned Sales Representative to prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts as each situation mandates.
• Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
• Work with assigned Sales Representative to manage accounts through quality checks and other follow-up when requested.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, web conferences as needed or if required.
• Administration of paperwork for assigned Sales Representative
• Employees in this position will be expected to develop into a Sales Representative Position
• This position may require relocation upon receiving a Sales Representative position
• Must work within Kamps safety standards
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired, but consideration will be given to the right candidate.
• Ability to advise, consult and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
• Position requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
• Work requires significant travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
• Work requires flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
• May be required to extend sales assistance in areas outside the normal established territory.
• Health, dental, life insurance
• 401K retirement plan
• Opportunity to earn bonuses