This Production Supervisor position will supervise and support our Operations Manager at our Department of Corrections on-site plant in Putnamville, IN.
- Operate within Kamps Pallets’ safety standards to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Supervision of offender workers and must successfully complete the annual training as required by the Indiana Department of Corrections.
- Familiar with security procedures of the facility
- Train offender workers in production of quality product
- Drive a spotter truck to pull trailers in and out of the facility
- Responsible for the pallet shop safety and security
- Responsible for tool control
- Supervise Production operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Make adjustments as necessary during shifts to produce product within specifications
- Report and reject product outside specifications to ensure quality control
- Train and coach offender workers including motivation of offenders, team building, and lean manufacturing
- Review and complete paperwork as required
- Assist production as necessary
- Communicate with other Supervisors and Operations Manager to ensure efficient workflow and task and goal completion
- Knowledge of customer specifications and product knowledge
- Ensure quality products are being produced
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager when facility shut down occurs other job duties may be required
- Must have at least two years of Production Supervisor experience
- Must have a valid Drivers license and ability to drive a spotter truck
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have the ability to take direction but must also be self-motivated
- Must be a team player
- Must have exceptional attendance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to lead and direct employees effectively and fairly
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to the management and fellow team members
- Able to solve practical problems in an efficient manner that is fair to all parties and deal with a variety of situations.
- Background in security a plus
- Must be available to work 40-50 hours a week (but not limited to this)
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with varied personalities and ability levels.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as instructed by supervisor, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour