Kamps Pallets is seeking a Production Supervisor for their Taylor, MI location. This position will be a 2nd shift position.
- Operate within Kamps Pallets safety standards. Ensuring a clean and safe work environment through 5s initiatives, 5s score card, better every day process, and Job safety analysis.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce and repair products with in specifications. Reject and report product outside of specification.
- Supervise Sort, Recycling & Reconditioning operations in accordance with plant policies, procedures, and meet production goals.
- Train and coach yard sort and recycling team.
- Responsible for scheduling to include work station assignments, teammates training, vacations, breaks, overtime, and backup for absent teammates.
- Coordinate startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Communicate with other Department Supervisors, and Plant Manager.
- Conduct teammate performance reviews.
- Schedule and conduct Recycling Department meetings.
- Review and complete your shifts time sheets and production paper work.
- Assist Recycling Department as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager/Assistant Plant Manager or Plan Manager
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have at least 2 years of Supervisory experience.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with varied personalities and ability levels.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.