Job Title: Regional Accounting Representative
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Employee Classification: Full-time
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and Life Insurance
Kamps is a full service pallet company meeting the needs of industries coast to coast. Kamps manufactures new pallets, reconditioned pallets, and recycles unrepairable pallets into mulch and bark. We believe the talented individuals that make up the Kamps Pallets team are our biggest asset. Here at Kamps we recognize and reward hard working individuals that consistently exceed expectations.
Kamps is seeking a Regional Accounting Representative. Kamps is looking to add to the current Regional Accounting team due to the continuous growth in our business. The position would handle transactions for several of our Kamps’ locations. Attention to detail & ability to multitask is essential for this position.
- Review and post customer invoices for assigned region
- Review and post daily vendor invoices that are entered remotely by the plant
- Post purchases from our internal receiving system on daily, weekly, and monthly basis depending on the customer/supplier. Match vendor invoices with pallet counts and process for payment
- Review receivables balances on past due items. Initiate collection communications in coordination with sales representative
- Respond to customer/regional inquiries and research as necessary.
- Review new customer forms that are sent in by the sales representative and sending those forms to the necessary departments
- Achieve deadlines for daily tasks and month end. Prepare monthly reports as needed.
- This person will be independent and self-directed after mastering tasks that are required
- Perform any other duties as directed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in Accounting required
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel & Word
- Prior experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and thorough
- Able to communicate strongly, clearly and effectively in a friendly and professional manner
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.