Job Title: Regional Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Sr. Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Regional Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for the daily functions of the HR department for their assigned region. This includes sourcing and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The incumbent will serve as the primary HR contact for management and employees by fielding questions, as well as interpreting and resolving work-related issues in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices, and government regulations.
- Manage employee documentation and adhere to Corporate Human Resources policies.
- Advise and train supervisors on organizational, corporate, and legislative policies.
- Administer new hire orientations, onboarding, disciplinary/counseling actions, and terminations.
- Proactively address staff vacancies. Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions. Collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Monitor new hire, onboarding, and certification packets to ensure compliance.
- Provide information and training to employees about company policies, wages, opportunities and employee benefits.
- Counsel plant management regarding various employee matters including supervision, communication, leadership, discipline, and legal.
- Conduct investigations on employee relations issues and implement appropriate protocols.
- Ensure all legal postings are accessible and posted according to legislative compliance.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review local plant practices to maintain compliance.
- In conjunction with the Safety Department, offer direction to operating managers regarding effective accident investigation, management and return to work programs.
- Be able and willing to travel to various plant locations on a regular basis.
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of human resources experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.