A Sales Assistant will provide clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate support for the company’s assigned sales team-members. A Sales Assistant assists the sales team in providing greater customer service, and helps them increase their sales every year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter quotes for new and existing customers in Quote Tool.
- Produce PDS (Pallet Design System) specifications for new quotes and active customers’ pallets, for both the customer and Kamps’ plants.
- Assist with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software by recording sales representative’s activity for active customers to ensure the proper service levels are met and sustained.
- Assist and prepare business reviews for customers on an annual basis
- Assist in maintaining sales reports on a routine basis to help sales representative track his or her sales progress in comparison with current set sales goals
- Assist in administrative tasks that involve maintaining expense reports, marketing brochures, filing, etc.
- Assist in developing marketing presentations, which may include preparing power points, PDS analysis, and pulling together current market conditions in regards to nails, lumber, freight, to help educate our customers on the products they are buying.
- Assist in generating sales.
- Prepare sort and receive reports as required by customers
- Assist with communications while sales representative is in a meeting or on vacation
- Perform any other duties assigned by Director of Sales
High School Graduate, prefer 2 or 4 year degree.
Should enjoy working with people
Accounts Receivable experience is helpful
Strong computer skills
Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel & Word
Must have good phone etiquette
Must be able to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively
Must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills.
Must be able to meet deadlines and work well with various personalities and ability levels
Other duties as assigned