Kamps Pallets is hiring for a part time onsite Sorter at our Staples location in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Position Overview: Sorting, recording and marking all incoming loads of pallets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sort all loads of pallets according to customer specifications or as directed by supervisor
- Meet all quotas if established
- Forms must be completed accurately, and turned in daily to designated person/place
- Operate Forklift to load pallets into Kamps Trailers
- Call in Trailers when loaded
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Remove all plastic, paper, cardboard, and other debris from the pallets.
- Inform supervisor when new pallet size comes through
- Responsible for all personal tools and Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, gloves, etc.)
- Responsible to know and observe rules of conduct and safety rules at all times
- Must work hours and shifts required to meet customer demands
- Other plant specific duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 50-80 pounds on a reoccurring basis
- Full range of motion required including: ability to twist, turn, reach, bend and squat repetitively
- Experience driving a forklift
- Must be a self-motivator
- Have good communication skills
- Good knowledge of pallets, or ability and patience to learn about various pallets
- Sorters need to have a good work ethic and good attendance
- Must be Quality and Safety minded at all times