Kamps is a leading full-service national pallet company meeting the needs of industries from coast to coast. Our pallets services support some of the largest e-commerce, retail, and logistics organizations with sustainable pallet solutions. Since 1973, our talented individuals have been the foundation for our success. To continue building upon our success, we are seeking a Sr. Income Tax Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Support preparation and review of U.S. domestic tax provision reporting in accordance with ASC 740 on a quarterly and full-year basis.
- Prepare federal and state income tax return workpapers including tax provision, tax adjustments, deferred tax schedules, reconciliations, state/city tax apportionments, etc.
- Facilitate public tax firm’s review and filing of Kamps’ income tax returns and provisions.
- Prepare and maintain book to tax fixed asset reconciliation and roll-forward.
- Calculate periodic federal and state income tax estimates and extension payments.
- Submit all income tax payments including estimates, extensions, and returns.
- Monitor, add and resolve tax notices logged into the Kamps tax notice database.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts associated with income and CAT taxes.
- Assist with creating and closing state/city tax accounts as applicable.
- Participate in tax elements related to due diligence and post-merger integration for acquisitions.
- Actively participate in tax planning projects; research tax positions, financial modeling, etc.
- Remain up to date on tax law changes and regulatory pronouncements; evaluate impact to Kamps.
- Perform other tax or related analysis as directed by the Directors of Finance or Tax.
Requirements and Skills:
- Knowledge of GAAP and tax accounting, laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting/tax software and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of multi-state corporate income taxes.
- Understanding of US international tax principles and related US federal compliance (1118, 5471, etc.) would be helpful.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines, strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, problem solver.
Prefer candidates with a BA in Accounting, MS in Taxation, or CPA with >2 years of experience in a corporate tax preparation environment.
Flexible office, WFH / hybrid work schedule; remote workers must be willing to travel to regional or corporate offices periodically. Success in this role will provide opportunity for advancement within the company in the broader finance and accounting departments.
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.