Job Title: Trailer Mechanic Location: Detroit, MI
Employee Classification: Full-time
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Kamps, one of the nation’s largest pallet recyclers, is looking to hire a Trailer Mechanic to perform a variety of preventative maintenance tasks on our trucking fleet. While we prefer someone who has a certificate or technical training in mechanics and truck repair, we are willing to work with any mechanical professional that has knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems. Welding or fabrication experience is also a plus, as these techniques often come in handy when making repairs on trailers.
**$500 sign-on bonus after 90 days**
Trailer Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose issues in tractor-trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance on trailers
- Test equipment and systems for performance
- Perform repairs to brakes and electrical systems
- Replace parts
- Document repairs
Trailer Mechanic Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems preferred
- Experience with various hand tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical strength and stamina
- Welding or fabrication experience (preferred)
- Switcher experience (preferred)
Pay: $20 – $25 per hour
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.