Job Title: Transportation Compliance Coordinator Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Employee Classification: Full-time, Hourly
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and Life Insurance
Kamps is a full service pallet company meeting the needs of industries coast to coast. Kamps manufactures new pallets, reconditioned pallets, and recycles unrepairable pallets into mulch and bark. We believe the talented individuals that make up the Kamps Pallets team are our biggest asset. Here at Kamps we recognize and reward hard working individuals that consistently exceed expectations.
The Transportation Compliance Coordinator coordinates and oversees compliance activities of all company transportation. Responsible for maintaining all DOT required files, managing CSA scores, monitoring driver e-logs, maintaining and managing trailer files, maintaining accident files and driver files. Work with drivers and dispatchers to maintain compliance, violation and performance reports. Manage Driver incentive program.
- Serve as the lead in knowing the E-log system.
- Keep up with any upgrades.
- Create and administer the Driver incentive program
- Build Driver dashboard each month
- Create Mileage incentives
- Issue incentives and a thank you card to drivers who meet goals
- Keep our DOT #/MCS 150/UCR fees current
- Document federal inspections when completed and monitor related files
- Issue quarterly federal inspection status reports to Plant Managers
- Review any new inspections and verify we have received them/signed and returned
- If we haven’t received, track down who was in the vehicle and find out the violation went
- Monitor our CSA score
- Review our scores movement each month and send report to managers
- Driver Logs
- Review and Adjust logs in e-log system for discrepancies
- Run violation reports for plants and audit them each week
- Audit logs when a driver is on paper logs
- Medical Cards
- Review new medical cards
- Ensure medical cards are certified with the state
- Drivers Hours
- Monitor driver hours with KP Time to ensure we stay compliant
- Keep up to date on any new rules/regulations issued by the FMCSA
- Accident reports
- Record and review accident reports
- Help train dispatchers at new locations as needed
- Explain E-log systems and dispatching
- Introduce new dispatchers to the carrier list, KP Dispatch Board, and CSA score.
- Assist in setting up new dispatchers with People Net and explain its uses
- Review MVR and PSP scores of applicants to make sure they are suitable for Kamps
- Setup new drivers in E-log system and driver files.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.