Earth Day 2019 is here! Earth Day is a great reminder that it is never too late to take steps to reduce your environmental footprint. Admit it, there are times when we all could put better effort into our personal recycling efforts. Recycling is simple, effective, and something anyone can do to both reduce environmental degradation and conserve resources. In honor of Earth Day 2019, we at Kamps compiled a short list of ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle. If we work together, we can make a big difference when it comes to recycling.
- Make a list of things you CAN and CANNOT recycle. Grab the kids, some crafting supplies and create a poster with stickers or cut outs from magazines of items approved for recycling and items that cannot be recycled. Hang up the poster near your recycling station!
- BYOC: Bring Your Own Container. On your next Starbucks run, consider bringing your own thermos cup with you.
- Challenge yourself to a plastic-free week. These challenges bring awareness to the amount of plastic we truly use.
- Declutter and donate! Or, as we in 2019 call it, Marie Kondo it! Spring is a perfect time to sort through your drawers and storage bins and find things to donate to a local Goodwill, Salvation Army, or mission thrift store.
- Buy in bulk! Purchasing in large quantities wastes less packaging and typically cost less.
- Invest in reusable sandwich bags. Reusable sandwich bags are more cost effective and can be used for vegetables, hard boiled eggs, sandwiches and more! Check out the brand Stasher, which can be found at most grocery stores.
- Think outside of the box (or kitchen). Your bathroom is FULL of recyclable items too! Keep a recycling basket in this room as well.
- Buy recycled or reused items! Seek out items that are made with recyclable materials or stop at a neighborhood garage sale.
- On your next grocery run, remember to bring your reusable tote bags, or store them in your trunk for even easier access!
- Go paperless. Sign up for paperless bank statements, credit card and utility bills. Almost all providers offer this option. It not only helps save paper, it helps stop clutter from piling up in your home – a win-win!
At Kamps Pallets we take our Green Scorecard seriously, and as a company we work to reduce, reuse, and recycle our own products. We encourage everyone to consider conserving resources and recycling in every aspect of their lives. Earth Day 2019 is a great reminder for all of us to be more mindful of our earth and its beauty and value to all of us. Happy Earth Day!