Kamps is a full service pallet company meeting the needs of industries coast to coast. Kamps manufactures new pallets, reconditioned pallets, and recycles unrepairable pallets into mulch and bark. We believe the talented individuals that make up the Kamps Pallets team are our biggest asset. Here at Kamps we recognize and reward hard working individuals that consistently exceed expectations.
Kamps is seeking an Operations Management Trainee. The Operations Management Trainee position is a 6-18 month long, entry-level position to prepare leaders for management roles. Successful candidates will have an interest in applying hands-on, practical skills—such as building, measuring, and using power tools—in addition to the ability to lead people and manage operations. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, some business knowledge/education, and strong interpersonal skills will excel.
- Work in multiple areas of assigned Kamps home facility during training program.
- Repair, sort and build pallets; operate various saws or other pieces of equipment.
- Become certified and operate a forklift to service a department or to load/unload trucks.
- Rotate through various positions at a facility such as dispatch, customer service, safety administrator and department supervisor.
- Travel to multiple Kamps facilities for site specific training.
- Attend and complete required training classes and read assigned training materials.
- Responsible to know and observe rules of conduct and safety rules at all times.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bilingual – Spanish & English
- Business coursework preferred
- Entry-level supervisory experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs+
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.